Saturday 4 August 2012

My Look for Day 1 at LFW 2012!

Heyyy eveyone! I just got back to my hotel after a fantastic day at the Lakme Fashion Week 2012! I was sooo excited as soon as I entered Grand Hyatt Mumbai, that my stomach did a backflip! Haha seriously, I was just awe struck. The ambience was unbelievable- people were dressed to impress, displaying their own style statement!


The day opened with a spectacular display of collections by Gen Next designers who featured unconventional patterns and designs! (will put up pics as soon)


I got to interact with Cory Walia- one of the Head Makeup Artist's of Lakme (the other being Clint Fernandes) discussing the new makeup trends of the season! He also did a demo of a simple night look, which I recreated into a a short video (Video will be up tomorrow!)


In the midst of all the paparazzi, I got a chance to interview designer Kallol Datta, Tara Sharma (who looked grogeous with her neon pink top teamed up with jeans) and the stunning Amy Jackson who in my opinion wore the BEST makeup! 


Here's my look for Day 1 (Taken with my phone camera)


Clothes: A sleek, eclectic shirt dress with a touch of lace for that feminine oomph!

Makeup: I love wearing block colours because it's so easy to play around with makeup! You can use literally any colour and get away without looking over the top! So, for today, I decided to add a burst of colour to my lips to brighten up my look! For this, I had to tone down my eyes a bit, hence the subtle aubergine smokey eyes! My cheeks were contoured to add balance to my face and Voilaaa! =)



Watch this space for more updates!
xxx

5 comments:

It's all about a friendly conversation here at my blog. I'd love to hear your thoughts and answer your doubts. Feel free to leave your comments below :)

Post of the Week