Monday 27 August 2012

Conference Makeup

When you're going to work, it's usually better to stick to minimal or natural makeup, but on certain days like a Conference Day or a Corporate gathering, it's exciting to come up with a new look which isn't over the top but at the same time professional! So I decided to create a simple "Conference" makeup look combining a limited number of products.. You can of course tweak the look according to what you're wearing, and use more/less product! =)

Makeup: Grey + Blue subtle smokey eyes, defined eyeliner and a pink pout! Step to step guide given below! :)





BASE:

On a well moisturized skin, I dabbed on MAC Studio Finish Concealer around my eyes and down the bridge of my nose (I do have mild redness there).. To set it in place, using a powder puff, I applied the Inglot AMC Pressed Powder over the concealed areas and on my T-zone to control excess oil :) I skipped the blush- there are days when you just don't want to use a blush haha.. 

EYES:

1. Apply an eyeshadow base/primer using your finger tips to prevent your eyeshadow from creasing. I used MAC Prep+Prime Eye Primer

Revlon ColorStay Quad

2. For my eyes, I'm using a beautiful pigmented eyeshadow palette called Revlon ColorStay 12 Hour Eye Shadow Quad in Azure Mist. With a fluffly brush (MAC #217), apply lightest silvery shade on your brow bone (below your eyebrows) starting below your arch and blending out. This will instantly bring out your brows! I do this all the time, even if I'm not using any eyeshadow on my eyes! Next, with the same brush, apply the grey shade on 2/3rds of your eyelids going back and forth, swirling around gently. When you're using a fluffy brush, remember to use a light hand! To add depth to your eyes, go ahead and apply the navy blue shade on your crease, using the same brush. Less is more, so start by using a littleeee bit of eyeshadow and keep building up the intensity.

3. To define my eyes, I lined them using Lakme Eye Artist Eyeliner which resembles a felt pen! It makes it extremely easy, especially if your going to be bring out your eyeliner. I've created a slight lift to make me seem more awake ;)

4. For your waterline, use a black kohl, I used the Maybelline Colossal and smudge it ever so slightly with a smudge brush (MAC #219). With the same brush, dab on the grey eyeshadow and apply it over your lower lash line to give that soft, subtle day look! You don't want this look to become dramatic, so use extremely little product.

5. Finish off with a generous coat of mascara! I used The Body Shop Big and Curvy Mascara, which I honestly feel isn't too great, your lashes appear clumped up! :/

LIPS:

1. Keep it simple. I used a gorgeous creamy pink shade, Lakme Lip Love- Rose Kissed... Perfect for the day, plus I <3 the packaging! =)
Lakme Lip Love
I hope you found this useful! =) I just returned home after a holiday with Mum, going to rest and recover from my jet lag lol..  Hope to do a quick video day after tomorrow, so stay tuned =D 
  
Also, there are a few seats available for the Sept 1st, 2nd Group Workshop, do get in touch if you're interested!

Take care you guys!!

Lots of love,
Akriti :)



5 comments:

  1. Oh oh! Im working on all those 4 days :( ill attend the session in october then :D
    lovely look btw!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. thankyou so much akriti fr ol the lvly luks nd yess wntd to kno dat whethr uh give ny classes in punjab basically in ludhiana so plz do infrm..!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. hi akriti do you conduct workshops in hyderabad

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW beautiful! I wish I could also use these makeup looks. But I have deepset eyes with dark circles and hooded lids :-(

    ReplyDelete

It's all about a friendly conversation here at my blog. I'd love to hear your thoughts and answer your doubts. Feel free to leave your comments below :)

Post of the Week