Tuesday 15 May 2012

THE INVINCIBLE- Tea Tree Oil

I can't stress enough how miraculous this particular essential oil is...It's been used for centuries-  popularly known for its infection fighting abilities and for soothing the skin!
I used it the last time I broke out into two spots (thanks to fried food), and I dabbed some on using a cotton pad twice a day! It does burn and tingle when you first apply it, but it settles down in a few minutes! =D It REALLY works!
What I love about it is, that it's colourless, so you can even apply it while your out! (unlike other ointments which leave an ugly creamish residue!) Oh, and the smell of tea tree is so refreshing, it actually calms me down, somewhat like aromatherapy! Ha ha

Rs. 465


Rs. 449



What some of us are unaware of, is it's multifunctional properties:

1. It's amazing to clear blemishes without overdrying the skin. Apply it directly onto the blemish, either with a clean finger or using a cotton pad.
2. It's also useful to cure Dandruff! All you gotta do is apply a few drops of it and gently massage it into your scalp for a few mins before you shampoo your hair. Follow this with regular shampoo and rinse thoroughly!
3. For all you clumsy ones like me, it helps to put TT oil on cuts and burns! Really soothes it down :)
4. If your suffering from a cold, chest congestion or bronchitis, add about 3 drops in boiling hot water, and inhale the steam for 5-10 minutes. Such a relief!!
5. Pamper yourself in a hot bath tub and stir in a few drops of TT oil and experience bliss.. :P
6. To keep them germs away, you can use it as an all-purpose cleanser by combining 2 teaspoons of TT oil in 2 cups of water. Then transfer it into a spray bottle.. tadaaa! you've got a "Do it Yourself" Cleaning Spray!

There are sooooo many more uses- like putting a few drops into the washing machine to make your clothes smell yummy, cleaning your bathroom tiles with it and even destroying head lice!! :O


So there it is!...A must-have in every household!

 All Hail Tea Tree Oil! *_*

7 comments:

  1. Hi, i was just wondering where to pick up the Oriflame tea tree oil? I don't know of any store in Chennai that carries Oriflame

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey! :) It's annoying how Oriflame products aren't sold in the market :( You have to get them through Oriflame Consultants.. You can email me on mesmereyesmakeup@gmail.com if you need any products and I can get hold of them for you :)

      Delete
  2. Wow.. thanks for sharing the different ways of using it :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Akriti...loved your videos. I am not too much of a makeup person, but I know who I should catch hold of for my wedding though. Let it finalize and you are sure to get a call !! Would want you to even come help me shop my clothes for the event ! :)

    One question for now, you have a good remedy for black spots on face? The black marks are not permanent for me, but would love to get rid of them at a faster pace. Tips?

    ReplyDelete

It's all about a friendly conversation here at my blog. I'd love to hear your thoughts and answer your doubts. Feel free to leave your comments below :)

Post of the Week