Sunday 6 May 2012

70's Eyeliner with a Twist!


Hello lovelies!! I was getting ready to celebrate Tuscana Pizzeria's (an Italian restaurant in Chennai) 1st birthday, and as it was a day event, I decided to keep the look clean and simple! More than breaking my head over what to wear, I spend ages trying to figure out what makeup I should wear.. Ha ha! Don't get me wrong- you don't HAVE TO wear makeup every time you step out, but it's just fun experimenting with colours! Just how you decide on what accessories to team up with your outfit, or what bag you want to carry along, makeup works the same way - provided you don't cake your face up and look like a different person!! :P

Okay, back to the point!! I used MAC Tinted Moisturizer in Medium (which is basically 50% foundation + 50% moisturizer) as a base for my face. I've lined my eyes with MAC Fluidline- Blacktrack, which is a gel eyeliner  and winged it all the way out using Brush # 209 - MAC (I have the miniature version of it which came with a gift set) ! I've made sure to thicken the line to emphasize my eyes! If you look closely, you can see the eyeliner turn blue right towards the end ( on the wing of the eyeliner). I've done this by dipping the brush in the Oriflame Pro Eyeshadow Trio- Royal Blue (the middle one, refer to the pic below!) and pressing it onto the wing! This gives a classy look with a contemporary twist! Remember, you can use any colour on the wing- green, purple, blue etc...

I've finished off by applying the Lakme Abolute Flutter Secrets Mascara  and using Clinique's Chubby Stick- Super Strawberry. Chubby sticks work as a lipstick+chapstick+gloss, all in one! They are very similar to MAC's Tinted Lip Conditioner, although I prefer MAC's to Clinique's!

P.S- I avoided applying eye kohl on the inner rim of my eyes just to sort of change the look and make my eyes appear wider!

Scroll down to see a pic of the products I've used! (Sorry, didn't realize some of the pics are out of focus!)














That's all for now!! =)

Akriti <3 

No comments:

Post a Comment

It's all about a friendly conversation here at my blog. I'd love to hear your thoughts and answer your doubts. Feel free to leave your comments below :)

Post of the Week