Tuesday 22 May 2012

How to Apply Gel Eyeliner

Hopefully, my video explains most of what a gel eyeliner is and how to apply it, but I'd like to add a bit more here!

For those of you who haven't watched the video, here it is:


Most gel liners are- Long wearing, smudge proof and water-resistant.

They come in a variety of colours! MAC has gorgeousss shades, my favorites being Waveline (Navy Blue) and Macroviolet (Purple)...If you can get hold of Bobbi Brown gel eyeliners, (not available in India as yet) please do so, they spread beautifully, although they are a lil pricey!
In my video, I've used the Maybelline gel eyeliner in Black.. It works brilliantly and doesn't dry up as quickly as the MAC liner! It's also very affordable and comes with an eyeliner brush!! What more can you ask for ;)

Maybelline Gel Eyeliner and Brush


Maybelline Gel Eyeliner- 01 Black


Now, if you want to smudge the gel liner, you must do so immediately before it dries up and becomes stubborn! Using a pencil brush / smudge brush is ideal for smudging, but you can also use a Q-tip (a.k.a, ear bud) to achieve a smudged effect! Just make sure your gentle around your eye area and try not poking your eye with it! :P

P.s- There are moments in my video where I'm literally pressing the brush into my eyelid, that's because the gel liner was a bit dry and wasn't gliding on smoothly! This is what I hate about it! Liquid liners thankfully don't disappoint in this aspect!

I've swatched 3 types of eyeliners in the epic below:


Again, there's no right or wrong. Use an eyeliner your most comfortable with =) Remember, you might not get it right the first time, you gotta keep practicing! If I show you how awful my eyeliner was, the first time I drew one with a pencil, you'll stop visiting my blog!


Lakme Lip Love- Sangria Seduction
I'm in love with this entire range of lipsticks! Lakme Lip Love collection have got some fabulous colours!  I'm going to do a review on these lipsticks soon! :P For this look, I used Sangria Seduction.. sounds so exotic!! ha ha






Lakme Lip Love- Sangria Seduction
For my eyes, Ive used two shades form MAC:

1) Naked Lunch on the eyelid
2) Sketch on the crease!



Thank you for stopping by! I really hope the video was useful! =) Please do give me your feedback, would really help! (I won't get offended! :P )

Goodnight,
Akriti

4 comments:

  1. It's a great job with gel eyeliners ,I am going to try it this week itself......

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Sona Aunty! yes you must try it out! =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey. Akriti have spent my day looking at some of your makeup videos! I def know which brushes to pick up now! needed your advice. my maybelline gel eyeliner has sorta dried up - how to fix? You mentioned in your vid you were gonna go about fixing yours..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi! Akriti, I just tried the gel eyeliner by oriflame. It was really very good. I thought other brands were better! It stayed for almost 12 hours withouth smudging and blotting. I loved it, you can also use it on your lower waterline.

    ReplyDelete

It's all about a friendly conversation here at my blog. I'd love to hear your thoughts and answer your doubts. Feel free to leave your comments below :)

Post of the Week