Thursday 28 June 2012

Everything you need to know about a Primer!

Hello! I know it's been a while since I posted on this blog, I'm still trying to figure out where the past 2 weeks have gone?! I've been on my toes, making brides look pretty:) It's a very auspicious month for weddings here in Chennai!


I finally uploaded a video on what a primer is! Do check it out.. But before you do, I wanted to add that  unlike concealers and foundations, primers don't need to "match" your skintone! One shade suits all! Although there are primers (like the MAC tinted primers) with tints of colour, you don't really need that! The basic primer which is a light weight, transparent/translucent fluid will work for all skin tones and all skin types! =)


Click here to watch the video!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zkt4ugeK43c


Oh, if your applying makeup during the day, here's what you do:


1. Moisturize
(wait for a few minutes for it to absorb into your skin)
2. Sunscreen
3. Primer
4. Begin your makeup (concealer/foundation/pressed powder/eye makeup and so on!)


My current fav Primers:


1. MAC Prep+Prime Face Primer
2. Oriflame Perfecting Face Primer
3. Inglot Primer


Have a great day ahead!


Akriti :)

9 comments:

  1. Good job akriti.. why dont give us a full short make up tutorial which begins from a cleansed face

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Prithy.. Thanks for your suggestion! I'm going to work on this video soon! Thanks again :)

      Delete
  2. I'm not sure if you've already covered this - concealers!!! I understand how it works and what it's for. But I'm often confused as to what shade of concealer to choose or whether I even need one. Most people ask you to pick a shade lighter than your foundation but the extent/kind of discoloration around your eyes is different from what's around your mouth, for example. What are your thoughts?
    I find that with the primer and foundation, the majority of imperfections on the face are taken care of.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hii Monessha! That's a very debatable topic haha! I can completely imagine how confusing it can be! I'm going to write a detailed post on my suggestions/opinions in the coming month!
      And yes, primers are awesome! :D

      Delete
  3. Hi Akriti
    Very nice post !!May i know do you write blog for others. If u,can you write blog For Viviana (Cosmetic Brand).we provide you a beauty gift hamper from Viviana .if you are interested please contact me at this email id feelnshare@vivianaindia.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Riya! As of now, I don't write for other blogs.. will keep you posted if I do start! Cheers!

      Delete
  4. Hieee akriti, thank u for d informative post nd now i truely cum to knoe wht primers are actually...but well i have a oily skin type so should i be using primer or no for my skin type...i didnt get it cleard over your video so wntd to confirm..plzz reply...thank u..!!

    ReplyDelete

It's all about a friendly conversation here at my blog. I'd love to hear your thoughts and answer your doubts. Feel free to leave your comments below :)

Post of the Week