Thursday 7 June 2012

Sun Damage! Unbelievable? Believe it...



This pic is a wakeup call to all of us who completely neglect sun protection as part of our daily skin routine!! :O

The gentleman below is 69 years old and has been a trucker for 28 years.. The left side of his face was exposed to much more sunlight than the right, leading to a condition called dermatoheliosis! It's unbelievable how sun damage is a the major contributor to premature aging!


Honestly, alot of us underestimate the importance of sun protection! I used to be one of them until I entered the beauty world and learnt about Skincare... There was a point when I used to go on to all my friends about how essential suncreen lotions are, and I myself never used them!! I regret not using one earlier but hey, better late than never!

 Every day counts... (so dramatic lol!) The long term effects of sun damage will eventually catch up with you and make you look 20 years older! Applying sunscreen everyday, no matter what the weather condition (sunny or cloudy), will work wonders to protect your skin! It can help prevent dark spots, pigmentation, wrinkles and prolong the aging process! It takes barely a minute to slap some onto your face, so make sure your equipped with a sunscreen!!

Not all sunscreens make your skin appear greasy or make you sweat.. If you pick up the right one according to your skin type, your sorted! =) Oh and also make sure its "non-comedogenic"  (i.e, it won't clog your pores) 



Two of my fav sunscreens:

Lakme Sun Expert- SPF 30

Neutrogena Ultra Sheer- SPF 30


Both Neutrogena and Lakme have an entire range for each skin type! The Lakme Sun Expert range also has some cool After-Sun face washes and masks!

Thanks for stopping by! =)







No comments:

Post a Comment

It's all about a friendly conversation here at my blog. I'd love to hear your thoughts and answer your doubts. Feel free to leave your comments below :)

Post of the Week