Monday 15 April 2013

DIY Lipstick Palette



Every single time I begin packing, I always think of ways to reduce my luggage weight.. Am I the only one who uses up every single kg of the baggage allowance?!  It’s so hard to travel light!! Especially if you’re traveling for a long trip and you just want to pack you’re entire wardrobe!

When it comes to makeup, lipsticks are a NECESSITY while you’re on holiday, seriously! The more, the merrier! It’s also the quickest and easiest to apply, in less than 30 seconds, you’ll see the transformation!

From L-R: Innocence Beware, Vegas Volt, Fanfare, Mocha, Girl About Town, Morange, Russian Red

Now, packing 6-7 different shades can weigh up your makeup bag! So here’s a quick and easy “Do It Yourself” method of making your very own lipstick palette which is travel friendly and weightless! Yippeee! :D

Here's what you need to do:

1. Buy a plastic re-usable pill box 


2. Choose 7 (or less) lipsticks - I chose a nude, coral, baby pink, soft brown, hot pink, orange and red. I LOVE mixing colours!! So in case you want to turn down the hot pink, just mix it up with the nude or brown… You can customize your own shades this way!  While choosing lipstick, keep in mind their texture.. I chose a variety of textures- creamy, satin-y & matte.


3. A butter knife or spatula- This is of course to chop off a portion of your lipstick. I slit less than 0.5 centimeter of the lipstick and carefully placed it into each of the mini boxes.


4. Lip Brush- Fingers can be really messy, so I carry my M.A.C lip brush since it's tiny and has a cap! This way, I don't have to worry about the brush staining my makeup pouch!


Before I did this, I was thinking twice whether it was a good idea to break my lipsticks but I’m really glad I went for it! I know it's saddening, breaking your lipsticks (especially if it's M.A.C) but trust me it’s sooo convenient!! :D

I named my palette Pretty Powerful! 


Now you can carry this cute lipstick palette every time you travel or even keep it in your handbag because you never know, you might just need it! :D  


Huge hugs,
Akriti
xxx

7 comments:

  1. Thanks akriti for this wonderful tip ..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great Idea !!

    http://sassyelegance.blogspot.in/

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is pretty darn awesome! Due to summer season my lippies often break.. but now i dont have to throw them away.. In fact I have this super cute box palette from oriflame which I can use.. thanks

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG that's an awe-frikkin-some idea! and this is a great blog you've got in here!

    Shruti

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this Lipstick Palette. Will Definitely buy it <3

    Do check out our Blog too:)

    http://blushandberries.blogspot.in/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Its sucha gr8 idea...loved it..wld love to knw where did u find such cute palette??!!

    ReplyDelete

It's all about a friendly conversation here at my blog. I'd love to hear your thoughts and answer your doubts. Feel free to leave your comments below :)

Post of the Week