Friday 16 November 2012

My Hair Fall Worry!


My routine changes on a daily basis depending on whether I have to rush for a photo shoot, glamourize a bride, shoot a YouTube video or teach women the art of applying makeup.

Being a make-up artist might look like all play, but it does bring with it a challenging routine and lifestyle that one has to strive hard to keep up with. My day could begin at 04:00 AM depending on the bride-to-be’s wedding muhuratham , or end at 11:00 PM if I’m doing a night photo shoot.


There were days when I wanted to pull my hair out, but reality hit me when I realized that such a choc-a-block schedule brings with it some side effects – hair fall being the most common of them. I have thick, wavy, voluminous, mid-length hair which can be quite difficult to manage, but I truly believe that a woman’s hair speaks volumes about her personality and style.

Since I am into make-up and beauty, I am experimental with my hair styles when I want to just let my hair down and dance the night away. So you name it, and I’ve tried it – The fish-tail braid, soft curls, the front pouf etc. Although streaking my hair a year ago gained me numerous compliments it did come with a price – hair damage!!


Inevitably, this leads to hair breakage and HAIR FALL!
I've heard it too many times- eating nutritious food rich in protein, vitamins and iron can improve the strength of your hair and keep hair fall under control; but that's easier said than done!

I even tried following old wives' tales of eating Almonds and drinking Amla (gooseberry) juice to combat hair fall, but that didn't last very long.



Then I began practicing yoga. Any form of exercise helps sweat out the toxins and improves blood circulation, especially on your scalp. Yes, I did try all sorts of things to prevent my hair from thinning!


Although the above mentioned efforts did show some positive results, they weren’t enough to combat hair damage and hair fall. I knew I had to incorporate something more promising and result-oriented into my daily routine.

Just then, by the stroke of luck something amazing happened….

Watch this video to find out! =)



3 comments:

It's all about a friendly conversation here at my blog. I'd love to hear your thoughts and answer your doubts. Feel free to leave your comments below :)

Post of the Week