Saturday 12 October 2013

Makeup for a bright yellow dress!

Helloo lovelies! After I posted this pic yesterday, a lot of you'll had asked me about the blue on my eyes and the shade of my lipstick.. It's such an easy look which I have to share with you!


           
With a shade like yellow, it's better not to match your makeup with it since it will just get lost on your face! I suggest using contrasting, complementary colours that will make your yellow pop! The first thing that came to my mind was SUNSET! I used colors that would combine together to form a beautiful sunset. A blue/purple eye pencil instantly makes your eyes sparkle against the yellow. Now I can't go too bright on my lips since I've used a blue so I decided to go for a peachy-orangey-pinky lipstick.. Pls help me out guys, what color do you think my lipstick is ? I can't decide between peach and pink!


Eyes: First I used a Colorbar navy blue pencil called Electra 04 to line my eyes. I love this pencil because it's long lasting and they come in great shades! To really make the blue pop, it's important to apply a matching eyeshadow on top to set it. For this, I used an angular brush by M.A.C #208 ( any angular brush would work). Slightly dampen the brush and dab it on the blue eyeshadow (make sure the brush is not too wet). The eyeshadow I used is a limited edition MAC mineralize eyeshadow called Blue Sheen which delivers a rich indigo blue vibrant color. It immediately adds a pop to your eyes. This is my FAVOURITE eyeshadow and I use it with kanjusy/kanjoosy (however you spell that haha!) because it's limited edition, it's not available any more. All you beauties who have attended my workshops would have definitely seen this or used this, it's my star possession! :D On my lower waterline, I applied a black kajal by Inglot (forgot to put it into the pic). To complete the look, I applied one coat of the Lakme Eyeconic Mascara.

Lips : If you've been following my blog, you must know that I love to make my own cocktail when it comes to lipsticks.  I just mix and match a couple of shades! To add softness, I used a pale bubblegum pink lip pencil by Bourjois called Rose (number 15) and applied it all over my lips. After getting a pink base, I used an orangey peach lipstick by M.A.C called Vegas Volt. Vegas Volt is a gorgeous colour but on Indian skin tone, I prefer mixing it with a warm lip pencil for it to look good!


Hope you like the look :)

Mwah!
Akriti

20 comments:

  1. Oh, this is lovely. :) Ahh, that blue eyeshadow looks amazing :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey nice, I wanted to buy a bright yellow top last time when I visited a store, but my husband stopped me saying the color is too bright :-(

    ReplyDelete
  3. yellow and electric blue is such a great combination!

    do visit my site,
    http://www.glamourjournals.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. You look super pretty! I love that blue color on you and the yellow top! I have been using Oriflame Beauty Smooth Definer in the same blue colour, and it is quite fantastic! I will try to pair with the next time I wear yellow!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The overall look and your 'combination sense' is quite good!
    I must say this is a Best makeup combo for a casual look or instead of blue you could also try violet colour as to give that contrasting vibrant look!

    ReplyDelete
  6. nice combo :) loved the entire makeup :) you know i saw you in one of the youtube ads few days back, that is how i came across your blog :) love your blog

    ReplyDelete
  7. love this look of urs....following u now! Are u on bloglovin?

    ReplyDelete
  8. beautiful combo with yellow
    http://lovemyhairdo.blogspot.in/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very pretty and simple look :) I love the colorbar pencil too...

    Priyanka recently posted : http://allthatshelovess.blogspot.in/2013/03/purple-green-leopard-nail-art_1864.html

    ReplyDelete
  10. Be sure to send your correct measurements to the makers because they are so detailed. My dress fits so well and I was reluctant to take it off after the fitting.
    Vera Wang Wedding Dress

    ReplyDelete
  11. It,s a great combination between yellow and electric blue.makeup, cosmetics

    ReplyDelete
  12. akriti can you please do a video on april fab bag .please

    ReplyDelete
  13. I read your blog on daily basis. This is really great and informative post. Thanks for sharing.

    Indigo Blue Eye Liner

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks for this great post, i find it very interesting and very well thought out and put together. I look forward to reading your work in the future.
    best shop rating

    ReplyDelete

  15. Nice post It’s very useful for me and I am very much impressed with your meaningful thoughts. I regard something truly interesting about your web blog so I saved to favorites.

    Indigo Blue Eye Liner

    ReplyDelete

  16. Nice post It’s very useful for me and I am very much impressed with your meaningful thoughts. I regard something truly interesting about your web blog so I saved to favorites.

    Indigo Blue Eye Liner

    ReplyDelete
  17. Visually impaired may rely upon his of touch rather than his non-existing sight,he will touch a great deal of things and his intuition will help him to see things and feel things significantly more than what an ordinary individual do as such a ton of times you see them have certain abilities that contrasts them and quench them from others. how to regulate cbd in bath bomb

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thanks for sharing for sharing information. If you are searching for Eye and Face Makeup, contact The Beauty Tailor. We offer Custom Face Makeup Palette and Eye Makeup Palette.

    ReplyDelete

It's all about a friendly conversation here at my blog. I'd love to hear your thoughts and answer your doubts. Feel free to leave your comments below :)

Post of the Week