Sunday 18 August 2013

Friday Night Out Makeup!

It's not always that I get ready BEFORE time.. On Friday evening, I finished applying makeup on this lovely lady for her engagement and I headed straight home to get dressed for my friend's party. To my surprise, I was well ahead of time! ^_^ 

Trying to act like that's my natural pout! 

I wore a bright pink peplum top which my best friend gifted me from Dubai and teamed it up with black trousers, a monochrome handbag and platforms. 

For my makeup, I thought I would just apply a classic thick black winged out eyeliner but since I had time, I thought why not play around with my eye makeup! 
First, I applied an eyeshadow base, the one I used was the Elizabeth Arden Eye Primer, it's sooo smooth and keeps your eyeshadow intact throughout the night, not even kidding! Apply a tiny bit of it  with your ring finger all over your eyelids. 

On 2/3rds of my eyelid, I used this beautiful lilac eyeshadow (pic below) with flat brush to get a good coverage. This light colour helps open up my eyes, I picked it up from Inlgot, it's called Pearl 399. On the outer 1/3rd of my eyes, I blended another dark plum eyeshadow from Inglot- Pearl 452 with a soft fluffy brush. To make it even more dramatic, I used a lil black eyeshadow and blended it into my crease.

Inglot Eyeshadows! Left: Pearl 399 ; Right: Pearl 452

On my cheeks, I used this beautiful mineralize blush from M.A.C called Mineralize Skinfinish- Light Year. Unfortunately, it's limited edition, which means it's discontinued...If you're lucky, you might find it somewhere around the world! :) It's a soft, cotton candy, velvetty pink that adds a hint of colour without making it look overdone. I didn't want to apply too much blush since there is enough pink on my top!! Oh and this blush won't work too well for people with dusky skin, it's very light in colour so it may turn ashy on dark skin. I used a super creamy lipstick called Rose Kissed by the Lakme Lip Love collection! :) Again, I didn't want to use a hot pink that matches exactly to the colour of my top :S 


M.A.C Mineralize Skinfinish- Light Year


In the pic below, I'm wearing a lipstick by M.A.C called Shy Girl, but it looked slightly pale on me so I decided to change to a warmer shade that would work better with my skin tone. So I switched to the Lakme Lip Love- Rose Kissed :)

Lipstick- M.A.C Shy Girl

After changing my lip colour... Here I am, posing away! Lol.


As you can see, my hair is pretty oily, so I didn't want to touch it! I just left it as it is...to one side!




My final look!




Meet my lil cutie pie Sonu!! He's my cook's son, only 3 months old! :) He lives with us which is awesome because there's never a dull moment with him around, Sonu is a real entertainer! :P 



Hope you liked this look! I had such a great night! :) I need to work on getting ready early whenever I step out so that I have time to take pics and post it on my blog!!

Meanwhile, "like" my Facebook page by clicking here, I try to update it every other day! :)

Have a great day! Mwaaah

Lots of love,
Akriti :)


12 comments:

  1. Can I just say you look amazing. And how lucky that you get to play with Sonu. Babies are such blessings and they also grow up fast! he's at the right age.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw thank you!! :) I know right, babies are just adorable!! It's so hard not to get distracted by him! Haha! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look beautiful :) and sonu is cute :*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mansi! :D Aw he is a such a happy baby, always smiling! :)

      Delete
  4. You look so beautiful Akriti. I loved your eye makeup. Can you please give a tutorial for this one? Will it suit deepset eyes?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Nisha! I hope to do a tutorial for this one soon.. I'm tied up with Bridal makeup for the next few weeks.. The plum+black eyeshadow might be too much for deep set eyes since it will make your eyes deeper. So I suggest a shade slightly lighter than plum, like a medium shade will be perfect! Avoid black eyeshadows..

      Delete
  5. Just discovered your blog! You look Amazing! And love Sonu, omg he is so super cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Aditi, so sweet of you! Haha, I'm going to post more pics of him soon! :D

      Delete
  6. you are looking lovely in that makeup. Please tell me from where I can get the makeup products which you have used. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  7. hi.. just followed your blog. You look absolutely gorgeous in this post... and yes Sonu is adorable!! :)

    http://pinktiara006.blogspot.in/

    ReplyDelete
  8. hey akriti i saw ur all vdo on utube and its wndrfull can i also see dis make up vdo?

    ReplyDelete

It's all about a friendly conversation here at my blog. I'd love to hear your thoughts and answer your doubts. Feel free to leave your comments below :)

Post of the Week